If Covid 19 has taught us anything it is that outdoor activities are always a go to in Wilmington, NC. With all the beaches and related events we are packed with outdoor activities from early spring through the mild temps in the holidays. But one activity is quickly gaining national attention in the Wilmington area, golf. Whether you’re visiting Wilmington, North Carolina for business or recreation, make a couple rounds of golf one of your priorities. Wilmington, North Carolina has many outstanding options for the avid golfer, including a wide variety courses and plenty of tee times to fit your schedule. Plan to play a new course during your stay in Wilmington, North Carolina and take advantage of the incredible deals you will find on WilmingtonVisitor.com’s website and social channels.
Summer is prime time for golf enthusiasts. Locals know the trick is to obtain early tee times. The areas winds and confluences of rivers, marshes and the ocean make afternoon thunderstorms a fairly regular occurrence. These area golf courses are highly ranked by WilmintonVisitor.com:
- Castle Bay: This Scottish-links style golf course in Hampstead offers lessons, a pro shop, and a restaurant for sandwiches and cold beverages. The scenic par-72 course opened in 1999. View Website
- Cape Fear National: Enjoy 18 holes of premium public golf in Brunswick Forest in Leland. There are special rates for locals and a clubhouse for dining. View Website
- North Shore Country Club: Nestled like a sleeping giant along the Intracoastal Waterway the beautiful North Shore Country Club offers the perfect combination of natural beauty and challenging play. Majestically blending the game to its surroundings, architect Bob Moore offers both the novice golfer and seasoned player an enjoyable and challenging experience. This puts North Shore on the must-play list when visiting the Topsail Island area.. View Website
- Beau Rivage: This championship golf course amid long-needle pines incorporates wooded hills, rolling dunes, undulating valleys, and water features. View Website
- Olde Point:The golf course is framed by lush foliage, ponds, and water hazards. With five sets of tees available, it’s fun for golfers of every skill level. View Website